Posted on 31 May 2014
One of our school key values is Equity. Look at how Finland a country with renown educational success practices equity.
Last week the blog discussed the value of respect. This week the value of equity is discussed. These are the statements of our teachers about equity. These statements are recorded in our charter, along with other detailed value statements
1. We believe in and practice fairness and social justice.
2. No one is left behind because dollars are an issue.
3. We have safe respectful environments where all studentsfeel they have a "voice”
4. We are a PB4L (Positive Behaviour for Learning). We use restorative ways to help students learn about behaviour.
5. We honour the Treaty and put into practice the Principles of participation, protection and partnership.
6. Differentiated learning/teaching/planning caters for all levels and learning styles.
7. We are a caring staff. We are committed to inclusion.
8. We using strategies to ensure everyone had a voice
Submit a Comment
Note that comments may need to be approved by the blog creator before they will be displayed.