Posted on 17 October 2016
Thinking about our school and our dreams. What is it that we care about? How do we prioritise.
R = Relationships, E= empathy, S=supportive P=perseverance E=excellence C=curious T=thinking
Lately I have been caught up in reading articles about values and what educators see as important for their schools. This led me think about Taupō Primary School and what it is that makes our school so very special.
Of course, it’s the people – student’s whanau, families, parent’s friends of the school and our community. It’s the common courtesies, empathy, relationships and supportiveness that are evident and are the norm in our environment.
And the dreams that form an unspoken and invisible bond between us.
· We want our students to succeed well in learning and to achieve highly against the National Standards.
· We want our school to be modern, to have classy classrooms and everything that education can offer in a physical environment
· We want to shine at Maths Matters, Big Music Day, Kapa Haka, you name it and we want it
· We would love to be out there and at the top in athletics, swimming, cross country, netball rugby, if there is a competition we’ll be there doing our best.
The biggest dream, the best dream is that we are all kind to each other, that we enact the values in that very special work RESPECT. This week our cross country team came home with the shield for the school who showed the most support and positive attitudes at the event. That is so good. Many people commented on the standard of behaviour and care our students showed. We are delighted the team came third across all events and there were fabulous individual wins and we are delighted that our school shone for its exemplary behaviour.
Let’s make Term 4 2016 at term where every person smiles, where every person remembers how special acts of kindness are, and the power that we all have to make others happy.
So a few thoughts for our tamariki
· Open the door for your teacher
· Say good morning, kia ora ata marie
· Help you mum and dad and your little brothers and sisters
· Love your own life – do your best – and make someone else happy too.
GO ON – YOU CAN DO IT.
Submit a Comment
Note that comments may need to be approved by the blog creator before they will be displayed.