Taupo Primary School - Hooked on Learning

TAUPO PRIMARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES:

He mihi Mahana ki a Koutou katoa
Warmest Greetings to you all

We welcome to the Board our new Trustees - Tom Dickie, Kylie Hawker-Green and Scott Howell who are all appointed for the full 3 year term, along with Cathy Vennell who returns to the Board for a full term. This election the Board introduced a staggered election process, whereby elections for parent elected representatives will be held every 18 months. Thus, Vanessa Donald, Shane McNally and Julie Yeoman have been re-elected for an 18mth term.

The Board of Taupo Primary School is committed to raising student achievement for all our students. Through our School Charter we identify the channels with which we will deliver on our Vision for our children to be Hooked on Learning.

What does this mean for our community? We have focused our aims on 3 areas: our students, each and all of them; our community, together we learn; relationships, with each other for the benefit of all.

We adopt the government directives and priorities in our approach to teaching and learning in our school. Our curriculum is unique to Taupo Primary School, developed by the Principal and her team; it is our take on the National Curriculum document that guides what our children should learn.

The role of the board is to review the teaching and learning and the outcomes for our tamariki. We provide the checks and balances that the Principal and her staff are delivering the best service possible to enable progress for our students.

Our approach is a collaborative one, we work together for continuous improvement in our school. We ask each other the hard questions and have robust debate, this allows us to make informed decisions. The data we receive from the management team is excellent, greatly assisting us in our role.

The Board are excited to support the development and implementation of the e-learning plan. Technology is the way of the world and we must educate our tamariki how to use it safely and to their advantage. 

Parent elected representatives to the Board act on your behalf. We encourage community feedback at all times, and the Board focuses specifically on matters relating to governance of the school. The Principal has responsibility for matters that relate to the day to day management of the school. The Board is guided by a Governance Manual and a vast array of legislation. If you are interested in understanding more about the role of the Board, please do attend a meeting.  

Meetings this year will be held in the staff room at 6.30pm on Tuesday 16 August, 6 September, 25 October and 29 November.