The New Zealand Curriculum
Rationalisation in Inquiry
& Integrated Curriculum
At Taupo Primary School students will be engaged through relevant, authentic and challenging
content, covering science, social studies and technology curriculum areas, preparing them for a life time of learning.
Wonder and make connections to the local and global environment.
- Investigate, understand, and explain the natural and physical world. (Science)
- Become confident in using a variety of means to address needs and opportunities and to solve practical problems in society using technology. (Technology)
- Develop knowledge and understanding of people & their interactions with each other and their environments today and in the past. (Social Studies)
- Use the skills of inquiry to—ask relevant questions; search, sift, sort and synthesise information; create, present and share their knowledge; plan an action; reflecting on their learning throughout the process. (See ‘HOOK' inquiry model)
- Learn through authentic contexts in a localised and personalised way.
- Engage in learning that is meaningful to them and involve the community in their learning.
- Have some say in the direction that the learning takes.
- Develop a range of transferable skills that they need to become successful learners.
- Use inquiry skills to find answers to their questions and develop understanding.
- Use thinking tools to organize ideas and create solutions.
- Develop skills to find information, how to learn and how they learn best.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE THE TAUPO PRIMARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM FOLDER