Bright Beginners is a programme that runs for six weeks prior to your child starting school. It is held each Wednesday morning during the school term from 9.00 - 10.00. Parents/carers are required to attend the sessions or alternatively send another adult with your child on their visit day.
The Bright Beginners programme is designed to:
- help your child become familiar with Taupo Primary School
- for your child to get to know what is expected at school
- to help us get to know your child and you
- for your child to get to know the New Entrant teacher
- to help you get to know other children and families who have also enrolled to start at Taupo Primary at the same time.
At Bright Beginners your child will:
- take part in early reading and number knowledge learning activities
- get to take a some home learning each week
- play games, solve puzzles and read big books.
Getting Ready for School
We encourage children to come to school with the following social and academic skills:
To cooperate and communicate effectively.
Put on and take of their shoes and clothes.
Blow their nose.
Look after belongings
Hold a pencil correctly
Know the letters in their name and be able to write their name.
Know the lower case letters of the alphabet.
Count to forwards to 10 and recognise numbers to 10.
Have skills in cutting, gluing and colouring.